Friday, October 21, 2011

To my one and only

God answered all of my prayers of happily ever after
When He gave me you as my soulmate and lifetime partner.
No man has ever come close to loving me the way you do.
Your love is complete, tender, unselfish, sweet, and true.
Only God could have designed and orchestrated
perfect love like the love shared between you and me.

One failed romance after another
When all I wanted and prayed for was forever.
I said no more, tired of playing a game I can't win.
The next man I date will be my husband.
I asked God for patience
and I steadfastly prayed for discernment.
I could not handle another disappointment.

The Lord had to work in and through me
Blind my fleshly eyes so that I could see
beyond the superficial
beyond the imperfections, beyond the physical
Beyond the emotions
To the deepest level of the soul
where true love emanates.
I am so happy it is you, I am so happy you are my soulmate
I was given so many reasons to doubt that such a love could ever be
Until your love came and rescued me.

You have seen my pain, you have seen my wounds
and you have made it your purpose to heal them one by one.
You take me as I am
with all that is fragile, all that is imperfect, all that is broken
and all that is beautiful
and you allow me to be me

God blessed me when He decided that you were the man for me
to by my friend and confidant
to be the reason why I believed in love again.
It was no accident we met years ago, it is no accident that you are the man I love today.
It is no mystery that you are the man for me
The way you pursued me so beautifully!
Only God could have written such an amazing love story
And I will never cease to thank Him for giving you to me.

Written October 21, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment