Thursday, October 20, 2011

Just a closer walk with Him

I have always wanted God to use me, but unfortunately, I have been so focused on my life, school, my career, and my future, that I really have not given Him any time at all to work on me. As my academic career becomes less demanding, I am adopting the mentality of more of Him and less of me. The purpose of me expressing myself through this blog is because I feel like I have been through a lot in my 24 years on earth, and through my life story and my testimony, I hope I can be a blessing to someone.

Jesus tells us to cast all our cares on him. That is the most liberating feeling in the world, to know that you don't have to go through life alone, to know that He is the friend that sticketh closer than a brother, to know that He will never leave you nor forsake you, and most importantly, to know that no matter how far away we have turned from him, because we all have at some point, His arms are always open to welcome us back into His love.

Welcome to my blog page.  People describe me as overly serious. I guess you could say that observation  is correct. I respect myself.  I respect the life that God has blessed me with, and I take it seriously, but at the same time I am a happy person, I like to have fun, and I am learning to live my life to the fullest daily.

I am turning 25 in 7 days. I feel very blessed to have made it to this stage of my life. As I get older, I am trying to give my life to God completely, and adopt the mentality that it is not about me, never has been and never will be, but rather it is all about HIM. God calls us to glorify Him in every aspect of our lives. "Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do it all to the glory of God"(1Corinthians 10:31).  No longer do I neglect my spiritual life, no longer do I neglect my health (eating right, sleeping right, and exercising), because in all that I do, I must bring glory to my father.

Expect lots of information on living right, eating right, exercising, and being physically and spiritually healthy.  I will provide homemade recipes on healthy eating, bring you news and pictures of my latest shopping experiences, update you on projects I am adopting such as pillow making and sewing, and post lots of pictures on what's going on in my life. As I share my life story with you please feel free to do the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment