Friday, October 21, 2011

Poem written in December of 2007. Feelings expressed to God

I live in a world
Where many people believe there is no God
But how can I act like them and pretend to believe
That you my savior do not exist
For everything you’ve done for me
The breath of life you’ve given me
I cannot be indifferent
But rather I want to lift up my voice to give you praises
And this poem 
is an expression of love. 
This is a reflection of all the things I want to say but cannot seem to find the words
This is my testimony.

I love you oh Lord
For what you’ve done, who you are
Where you found me
As well as where you’re leading me.
The devil has tried so many times
To hurt me, to lead me astray
But you always come through to guide my way.
When darkness took away my sunlight
You were the lamp onto my feet
And the light clearing my path
I am a stronger woman
Because of all the pain I have felt.
I am a wiser woman
Because of the path I’ve traveled here on earth
And it feels even better to know
That this world has nothing for me
For it is not my home
Where you are father…that’s my home
Next to you for eternity
Is where I want, desire, and need to be

Things are not the way I would like them to be.
I don’t have everything I want
But I don’t want to live according to the flesh.
‘Nor do I want to partake on the things of this world
Made simply for human pleasure
Not at all inspired by you.
I do trust and believe that I have everything I need
Because you who created me
Has and will continue to supply my every need. 
So, what is it exactly?
That got me spitting lyrics?
It’s your love. It does something to me
That I can’t quite seem to understand.
I can’t even put it in print
Because mere human words cannot explain
The love for you I’ve gained.
I am under your spell
And I got people here and there
Scratching their heads
Wondering what’s gotten into me
But can’t seem to understand
That my heart is being led back to you
My muse.

I am testifying that I was hungry 
And you fed me
Not just a physical hunger
But a hunger that runs deeper.
You have quenched my thirst for belonging
And my quest for love
I no longer yearn for what others can give me
Because you have filled up the holes and the voids within me.
I was naked and you clothed me
Not just with cotton, silk and polyester
But with your garment of righteousness
I was sick and you healed me.
Not as in I couldn’t get out of bed
But in the way you bled
On that cross…on cavalry
To save a wretched soul…to save a sinner like me.
You saved me 
You have forgiven me
And you daily walk with me
This is my testimony.
For I know that my redeemer lives!!


No comments:

Post a Comment