Friday, October 21, 2011

I found love

I wrote this poem on November 28, 2007. Three years later, all those dreams became a blessed reality when God gave me the man I prayed for all of my life.


To My Beloved

I said a prayer for you last night
Actually I pray for you every time I close my eyes
I pray that you are happy
And I pray that you are avoiding the wide path that leads to eternal destruction
To walk the narrow path with the Lord that many people shun.
I pray that you will be a man of God, just as Elijah was
And a real head of the household just as Joseph was.
I pray that you will love me just as Isaac loved Rebecca
And that I will be to you as Sarah was to Abraham.

I don’t know you
I don’t know what you look like
I don’t know anything about your attitude
Nor your built and height
But whenever I think about you
My heart skips a beat in time
Because I know when I finally meet you
I will love 
As never before
Because our love is being designed by God up above

I get impatient from time to time
Because I want to see you, to talk to you, to know you…to hold you…to love you
I want to look into your eyes
And feel mesmerized.
I want to kiss and taste your lips
and feel endless bliss
I want to call you sweet names 
and whisper tender words in your ears
But I am joyful knowing that God is taking his precious time
To mold me into the helpmate you need and to design and create you…just for me.
I know what I want but God knows what I need
And when He blesses us with true godly love…love sublime
It will definitely last a lifetime.

So, tonight when I lie on my bed and look at the stars twinkling high above
I will smile sweetly at the thought of you
And continue saying special prayers…just for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment